Haute Bottoms is an online cloth diaper store located in Canada that is owned and operated by SAHM (stay at home mom) Neisha. Haute Bottoms diapers are very affordable and adorable!
Monday, December 26, 2011
Monday, December 12, 2011
Thirsties cloth diapers are a favorite among the cloth diapering parents! They are made in the USA and with USA sourced components. I know that this is something that many parents look for in a cloth diaper company! I had heard so many good things about Thirsties from my friend Meagan that first turned me on to cloth diapering and also from many members of the local Cloth Diaper Utah group that I am a part of. So, you would imagine that I was beyond elated when I was sent a Thirsties Duo Diaper to review. Most of the Thirsties diapers that I had seen were prefolds and covers. I was so pleasantly surprised to be sent a Thirsties pocket diaper to review.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Glow Bug Cloth Diapers were created by 2 moms who met in a prenatal yoga class and became fast friends. Each of them has cloth diapered 2 children. When they were looking to invest in cloth diapers for their second children, they were looking for a diaper that would be quality, at an affordable price. They decided to start their own cloth diapering company that would sell amazing cloth diapers that parents could afford. Many parents are afraid to make the initial investment into cloth diapering, and it stops them from making the switch (even though they will save thousands in the long run, the initial investment can be daunting). Glow Bug offers a solution! Glow Bug cloth diapers are very affordable! You can get 12 diapers, 24 inserts, and a wet bag for only $150! For those looking to start a new stash for a very affordable price (with ADORABLE prints), you have found your diaper!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
I was sent a pack of Bummas "Wild Ones" cloth wipes to review, and could not be more stoked about it! I have been wanting to make the switch to cloth wipes for a while now. I have always known that it would be easier with cloth diapering to use cloth wipes as well. I could just throw them in with the diapers in the diaper laundry instead of having to separate them from the cloth diapers and throw them away. Also, as I have mentioned in other posts, baby M has VERY sensitive skin! The disposable wipes have all sorts of chemicals in them, are a waste of money, and can irritate M's skin. I really have no idea why I didn't switch sooner. By using cloth wipes I will be saving money, helping the environment, and making cloth diapering easier on myself.
Bummas were the perfect choice for my first try at cloth wipes! They come in many fun colors, they are 100% cotton - woven velour terry cloth that is milled in the USA, they are a rectangle 5"x7" size, & won't pill shrink or fade! They were very soft on M's skin, easily cleaned up any messes that we had and have been durable in the wash. I will use them again and again with my cloth diapers in place of disposable wipes. They also can be used as burp rags and to clean up really any mess that a baby creates!
Buy it: 10 packs of Bummas Wipes can be purchased for $16.99 on their website
Win it: Bummas is generously offering my readers at
Brookie's Baby Bargains a chance to win a
10 pack of cloth wipes!
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Mother-ease Cloth Diapers is unlike any cloth diapering company I have ever heard of! There are so many cool things about them that I can't wait to share with you. I know that a lot of you cloth diapering parents are very "green". Mother-ease is as green as it gets! They have been manufacturing cloth diaper systems using 100% green power in their Canadian production facility since 1991. They also offer very high quality leak free diapers. Their fabrics and designs are very innovative and patent protected! They can't be found anywhere else.
Monday, November 7, 2011
I am thrilled to present Lotus Bumz to all of you. Lotus Bumz is a new cloth diapering company that just launched last month! It was started by a work at home mom, Lorain (read more about Lorain and how she started Lotus Bumz HERE). She makes "the adorable affordable"! With cloth diapers available in an assortment of fun colors and prints for between $10-11, that couldn't be more true!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
This may very well be the most excited I have been to post a giveaway and review since starting this blog!!! "Why?" you ask.... because it is sponsored by my FAVORITE cloth diaper store Sweet Bottoms Baby Boutique! Oh how I love Sweet Bottoms, let me count the ways!
The Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique:
- They offer FREE SHIPPING on all US orders ALL THE TIME!!!
- They have a rewards program in which you earn points toward gift certificates with each purchase!!! I have already earned and redeemed a gift certificate, it was a very exciting day.
- I have never waited more then 2 business days to receive an order. They ship with lightning speed!
- Every package I get from them looks and feels like a present. They are gift wrapped and have a personal note in them thanking me for my order!
- They send FREE SAMPLES with all orders over $20! (You have to choose your sample and add it to your cart). This has been a great way to try out different detergents.
- They support WAHMs (Work At Home Moms). They have a WAHM feature section in which you can add the WAHM's product (they change it every month) to your cart after you have spent a certain amount (it varies) and you will receive the item for FREE!!!
- They offer a 30 day no risk diaper trail package that is perfect for someone who is new to CD! You can purchase different types and brands of diapers and then return the ones that you don't want for 95% of your money back (with store credit) or 90% of your money back (refund). If only I knew about this when I started CD!
- They have amazing customer service! I received a diaper once that I was not pleased with after washing and they took it back (and paid the shipping for me to send it back) & refunded me my money - no questions asked! I needed the replacement item right away, so they gave me the credit to my account before they even received the item back!
- They carry all of the most popular brands. They bring in new items every month and keep up with what their customers want. They are very on top of staying in stock and allow pre-ordering for items that they will be receiving soon.
- They offer a 5% discount on all orders over $15 for the facebook fans! Check out their facebook page for details!
Now on to the REVIEW AND GIVEAWAY!!!
Motherlove Diaper Rash & Thrush Salve
Motherlove Diaper Rash & Thrush Salve
Sweetbottoms sent me a 1 oz jar of Motherlove Diaper Rash and Thrush Salve to try out on baby M's VERY sensitive skin! I was very anxious to try it since I had tried 2 other cloth diaper safe creams that I was less than impressed with. Oh how I wish I knew about this when M had thrush! It would have worked wonders for the both of us! It is effective for diaper rash and can be used on nursing nipples that have been affected by thrush. I will keep this on hand in case there is another bout of thrush or a yeast related diaper rash and rears it's UGLY head! This salve can also be used on day to day diaper rash, persistent diaper rash, and eczema (which baby M deals with on a daily basis)! It is all natural and certified organic! Ingredients include extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, oregon grape root, myrrh, yarrow, calendula. My favorite part about this product is that it is cloth diaper safe! There are times that M's diaper rash has been so bad that I have had to put her in disposables for a few days while it cleared up so that I could use my preferred diaper rash cream. I have tried other cloth safe creams, and still preferred my other cream that was not cloth safe.
I tried Motherlove Diaper Rash and Thrush Salve for 2 days on M's eczema and diaper rash and was pretty impressed. I am usually pretty weary to try anything new on M's skin because 90% of the things I try end up giving her an adverse reaction. She has the most sensitive skin! But, no new irritations occurred and some of the red spots were gone within 1-2 diaper changes! It was very nice to use it with her cloth diapers and not have to fear that I had ruined them. I had yet to find anything that worked very well on M's eczema. I am not a big fan of using something with steroids on her skin like her pediatrician had recommended. So, I was excited to try something on her eczema that was all natural. I noticed in just the 2 days that her dry and red skin patches were looking much better! I am looking forward to using this on a long term basis to see if it makes the difference with her sensitive skin & eczema that I have been looking for. It also smells really good.
- All natural and certified organic
- Cloth diaper safe
- Natural alternative for thrush and yeast diaper rash - including Mom's nursing nipples
- Did not cause any irritation on M's sensitive skin
- Cleared up diaper rash redness in 1-2 diaper changes
- Seems to be working on M's eczema
- Smells good
- Small packaging! 1 oz might not be enough for my needs considering M's eczema and sensitive skin. I need to use at least a pea size per use, and it seems to be made to be more of a balm/finger swipe use.
- The fact that I didn't know about it sooner!!! (Can that count as a con?) I really wish I had this through our bout with thrush.
Buy it: Check out Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique to purchase Motherlove Diaper Rash and Thrush Salve (and all of your favorite cloth diapering and natural parenting items).
Win it: Sweetbottoms has been generous enough to offer my lucky readers at Brookies Baby Bargains chance to win a 1 oz jar of Motherlove Diaper Rash & Thrush Salve ($9.95 Value). There will be 1 winner.
Enter the giveaway HERE!